Wednesday, April 29, 2009

For fear of normallity...

What is so wrong with apathy? I don't want to start out sounding like a philosophy thesis but I believe that before I get to the meat and potatoes of this post that I need to properly state the grounds on which my opinion is based... two of my favorite google answers to this question are first "the trait of lacking enthusiasm for or interest in things generally ," and second "an absence of emotion or enthusiasm," first I suppose the question should be asked if emotion is required or simply desired. can a person do anything justice without feeling any emotion to the task at hand? More to the point is it possible to love someone and not be excited to be around them? I for one don't think so. I'm told that love is more of a feeling than a verb. How false this statement is. Love is definitely a feeling but not a feeling alone. Love is also a verb. Love is chicken soup when you're sick. Love is watching a movie you didn't want to see. Love is daisies when when I miss you, love is staying home all day just to be with each other. love is so much more than just a feeling.

3 comments:

Toners said...

love is your partner watching a movie he hates so he can watch you laugh out loud on a bad day.

Love is your partner hauling a giant recliner up a set of stairs so you can be comfy after a long day at work.

Love is telling your spouse, no sex tonight I'm too tired, and your spouse doesn't beg or pout.

Love is action, and work, and definitely a verb.

Love is not a feeling you have forever with someone you love, its so much more and so much less than we expect it to be.

Beckstreet said...

It's interesting to read about something you've never really experienced. It's like being on the outside of a candy shop looking through the glass while all the other kids are inside eating candy. Interesting perspective to learn about I suppose.

Shell and Brian said...

I miss you. we should takl one day...